No matter how great your website is, for it to succeed and be a core part of your business it’s important that some things are in place; this article will be sharing 5 things your website should have no matter the situation:
1. A Clear USP: A Unique Selling Proposition or Winning Difference is the one thing – or many things – that differentiate your website from every other website online.
If your website doesn’t have a clear USP, you’ll keep getting lackluster results; a great way to get more people to visit your website and constantly advocate it is by having a clear USP.
2. A Marketing Funnel: While it’s recommended to have a website, your website alone isn’t going to be effective for marketing online; it’s important to also have a marketing funnel. You want to ensure that you can make your offer to the right people at the right time and that you can repeatedly get in touch with them.
Here’s a resource you can read for more information on marketing funnels:
3. An Incentive to Visit: What do people get when they visit your website? There are currently over 600 million websites online today, with more added every day, and there are probably thousands or even millions of competitors in your niche. What reason do people have to visit your website instead of that of your competitors?
Look for a way to ensure people benefit by visiting your website; it could be by giving them premium content, a special offer or something that makes them feel good about themselves.
4. A Brandable and Easy-to-Use Design: When visitors to your website are starting to find it difficult to navigate through your website, they’ll stop visiting.
Recent data from Econsultancy has revealed that 88% of people are less likely to return to a website after a bad experience with that website; in other words, you only have one chance to make a good first impression and get people to consistently check out your website. You don’t want to miss this chance by having a poor design.
Make sure your website is appealing, brandable and easy-to-use; this way, people will naturally want to come back to your website.
5. An Interaction System: Ultimately, if you want to get results from your website it’s very important to ensure that people who visit your website aren’t just one-off visitors but they’re people who will keep visiting your website over and over again. This way, you can repeatedly get in touch with them with your offers.
While there are several ways to get people to visit your website, one of the most effective ways to do this is my making them feel they’re a part of your brand; a great way to do this is by encouraging their interaction with your website.
Your website could have a comments section, users’ corner or visitor’s lounge or a kind of section that visitors can call their own and as a result and regularly check in to.