We’ve been compiling a list of top presentation resources that will help you become a master presenter.
Check out the resources below nicely divided into categories of articles, infographics, Quora and videos. There’s something for every presenter!
Read (or listen or watch) on and let us know your #1 favorite in the comments below.
Keep an eye out for more resource guides in near future. More awesome-sauce coming your way!
30+ Online Presentation Tips and Tutorials for the Savvy Presenter
- A presentation checklist: 52 great tips from great presenters
- From Tim Ferriss: Public Speaking – How I Prepare Every Time
- The business of story-telling: Using stories to inspire your audience
- Presentation prep, delivery and Q & A: How to improve your presentation skills
- Present like Jobs: 5 steps to rock your presentations
- How to cut the “ums”, “ahs” and “literallys”: Simple steps for a better delivery
- Short and sweet: Mastering quick presentations
- Let’s have some fun: How to connect deeply with anyone
- The 10-20-30 Rule: Guy Kawasaki on PowerPoint
- How to conduct a successful workshop: 5 proven tactics
- Killer presentations: 18 tips that work
- Presentation advice: Don’t avoid these simple tips
- 317 power words: What pushes our hot buttons?
- What a music festival can teach you: 5 performance tips for speakers
- When presentations take a life of their own: What went wrong with this slide-deck?
- Presentation delivery: How to present using mind maps
- Mobile-friendly presentations: How to create your presentation online in under 5 mins
- Toastmasters training: 10 Tips for Public Speaking
- Mental tricks will only take you so far: How I Beat My Fear of Public Speaking
- Speaking tips: Learn from TED talks and Bill Clinton
- Body language: 10 tips for every speaker
- Why infographics communicate better: 13 reasons your brain craves them
- Speak Up: Overcoming the fear of public speaking
- The art of presenting: 10 presentation facts you need to know
Quora — Some great answers from the community!
- Public Speaking: What are great ways to perfect one’s presentation skills
- Presentations: What are the most important aspects of giving a presentation that people do wrong most of the time?
- Storytelling: How does one become a better storyteller?
- How can I learn to communicate like Bill Clinton?
Slideshares, Videos and Podcasts
- Presentation tips to help your audience get the most from your presentation by Jennifer Austin, University of Buffalo.
- Amazing talk by Nancy Duarte’s at TEDx East on how to present an idea. She talks about the power of storytelling, the three-act and five-act structure, the hero’s journey and the “shape” of a good presentation. Length: 18 mins.
- A video on how to present like Steve Jobs. Length: 6:54 mins.
- Podcast and a video on six rules for creating slides that enhance your message with Michael Hyatt from his This is Your Life series. Length: 31 mins.
- Making your next 10-min BNI presentation sparkle Length: 12 mins.
- Public speaking strategy: John Lee Dumas and Kristin Thompson on her story + her 5-step Speak-to-sell strategy. Length: 29 mins – Skip to 15 min for the strategy.
- Quick tutorial: Create awesome, free presentations in HTML5 using Visme Length: 5 mins.